Grow Your Business Here
La Grande is an ideal place to do business. Our community is incredibly supportive of the businesses who call our region home, and as an organization, we offer support and hands-on assistance with site selection, applying for grants, zoning and permitting, and business/demographic research.
One reason businesses are choosing La Grande is for the affordable and available commercial space. Whether a business is building a new headquarters, just getting started or expanding into Oregon, La Grande has the room and property types to make the decision an easy one. Doing business in the city is also affordable with benefits like our no-cost business license.
La Grande also benefits from a strong workforce and the ability to hire from our three-county region and into Eastern Washington. In addition, Eastern Oregon University graduates students who are ready to make a positive contribution to any employer they work for.
Reasons to Choose La Grande for Your Business
Our region has a diverse economy which includes agriculture, the lumber industry, RV and Transportation manufacturing, e-commerce and a growing health care industry. Some things that make La Grande stand out are:
- The Retail Hub of Northeast Oregon
- Available, shovel-ready sites at competitive prices
- Incentives from state and local resources help lower development costs
- Excellent transportation infrastructure—Interstate 84 and Union Pacific Railroad
- Municipal water and wastewater systems with excess capacity to serve new development
- Low cost and dependable electricity
- NO Sales Tax
- NO System Development Charges
- Quality K-12 education
- Workforce Development Resources
- Eastern Oregon University